This makes enough to feed 3-4 people if you make a good salad to go with it. Something fresh and light would accompany this well as the squid is very rich.
Guest blogger: Shaun
800g squid tubes, cleaned and cut into rings
Large bunch coriander
2x birds eye chillies ( or more if you want)
8 heaped tbsp flour
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp white pepper
2 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp keens curry powder
2 tbsp raw/brown sugar (dry)
1. Dry squid on paper towel
2. Combine in a bowl with lemon juice, finely minced chilli and finely minced coriander. Mix well.
3. Glad wrap and put in fridge for 30+ minutes
Make flour dusting:
1. Combine all other ingredients and mix well. It should fill a large breakfast bowl.
2. Load flour mix onto a large plate or cooking pot.
If you use a deep fryer this will be easier. I used a small diameter saucepan and put about 1.5cm of oil in it.
In batches to suit your cooking method-
1. Flour batch of rings, put in hot oil and cook for 30 seconds until golden.
2. Remove and drain on paper towel.
3. Om nom nom nom nom. Eat immediately after cooking.